Wednesday, January 14, 2009

rough ideas



My goals for this term are to experiment with a few ideas I've had but haven't yet had the time to pursue.  I think this class is going to be a fantastic opportunity for me to play around with these ideas, which are to:  

1. Complete an identity package for the promotion of my photography (business cards, poster, etc.)

2. Learn (at least) the basics of Photoshop, which is remedial, I know, but I've somehow completely evaded learning anything about the program.

3. Design a card/flyer/mailer/whatever to promote my BFA show.

4. Continue my photographic work in the digital realm.  Or more specifically, work on creating a digitally produced photobooth series to include in my exhibition this March, as well as to learn basic photo editing techniques.


As far as this blog goes, it will be interesting to view my own photographic work online, mostly because my work is largely about the tactile qualities of a photograph and the photo as an object.  This is why most of my work utilizes some form of virtually instant format.  Setting aside my digital camera, I have focused on photobooth, Polaroid, Xerox, and am hoping to soon expand to the new Polaroid Pogo (which produces near-instant tangible images via the bluetooth capabilities of a camera phone or digital camera while using a new inkless technology call Zink).  Did I just sound like an ad there or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment