Sunday, February 1, 2009

bang bang


I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate various memorabilia/mementos into my photographic work since most of my work is about the photograph as an object, or more specifically, the photograph as an object that records events/people/things. The photograph is increasingly being used by the masses as a way of documenting events of their lives, so much so that the act of photographing an event is almost superseding the event itself. At each wedding I've photographed, I end up battling the entourage of family and friends armed with cameras. It's come to the point that people attend events such as these just to photograph them and prove that it happened and that they were indeed there, instead of appreciating the moment. That's why people hire photographers; so guests can be guests and photographers can do what photographers do.  whoa, I just went of on a tangent but maybe I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment